Gas price had hiked many years ago. It’s been up and down a little, but it seems not to go back to the price from decades ago. I understand people want to complain about the price. However, complaining doesn’t lead to any solutions. If you want to save money on gas, you can do that by using one or more gas station rewards programs.
- Earn 10 cents off per gallon for every $100 spent on BP gas
- Redeeming the rewards are valid for a single use up to 20 gallons
- Rewards expire 365 days after the last day of the month you earned
If you are a frequent flyer program of United Airlines, you can choose to earn rewards as miles of MileagePlus programs instead of discount on gas money. Rules as follows.
- Earn 1 mile per gallon of BP gas purchase
- Earn 2 miles per gallon of regular or mid-grade BP gas purchase with a debit or credit card linked with BP Driver Rewards account
- Earn 3 miles per gallon of premium grade BP gas purchase with a debit or credit card linked with BP Driver Rewards account
- Earn 200 bonus miles when you select MileagePlus miles as your reward type and link a debit or credit with BP Driver Rewards account
- Redeem 60 miles per gallon for 50 cents off per gallon up to 20 gallons
- Other benefits, expiration date, etc are subject to the rules of MileagePlus program
Sign-up is free. After the signup, you will receive a Driver Rewards loyalty card soon. But you don’t have to carry around the card and your wallet to fill up gas. It’s a trend that you can pay at the pump by using smartphones app. For BP gas stations, download and install BPme app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Earn 3 points per gallon on gas purchase
- Earn 2 points per gallon for every dollar spent in convenience store or car wash
- Redeem 100 points for $1 off
- Points will expire after 1 year of earning
- Earn 10 cents off per gallon for every $50 spent on participating restaurants, bars, and clubs
- Earn 5 cents off per gallon for every $50 spent when you book flights, hotels, rental cars and vacations
- Earn at least 5 cents off per gallon for every $50 spent when you shop online
- Earn at least 5 cents off per gallon for every $50 spent on participating retailers
- Earn rewards when you shop specially-marked items in convenience stores
Fuel Rewards Network is different from other loyalty rewards programs. You don’t earn reward by filling up gas. Instead, your everyday spending on somewhere else may be eligible for the rewards.
Fuel Rewards Network has two tiers Silver and Gold. Gold status offers 5 cents off per gallon every fill-up. To reach and maintain the Gold status, you only need to fill up gas 6 times within 3 months.
- Earn 10 points per gallon on gas purchase
- Earn 20 points per dollar in convenience store, plus bonus points on specially-marked items
- Earn points by shopping online
- Many other ways to earn reward points
- Redeem points (a minimum of 1000 points) for a variety of stuffs including a bottle of water, soda, candy, sandwich, pizza, gift cards, and XX cents off per gallon discount
- Points will expire after 9 month of inactivity
Speedway Speedy Rewards is very unique. There are many ways to earn points and varieties of stuffs for redemption.
Please note that these are not the whole list of gas station rewards programs. Many rewards programs have additional ways to earn rewards such as linking grocery loyalty programs. And, they are most likely geographically limited offers. Some of them can combine earned rewards with gas stations rewards programs, and some can’t. You need to use them separately. Keep in mind that you can track rewards with a mobile app. You don’t have to carry physical loyalty cards. You will never miss an opportunity of earning rewards as long as you have a smartphone installed these apps.